What kind of snails are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwayne.aycock

Aquarium Advice Freak
:confused:What kind of snails are these? While cleaning my tank last night, I noticed these snails this morning. These snails are small and appear to be digging in the substrate. Are these good guys or bad guys. I did not add these snails. I am sure they were hitch hikers od some sort, but if they are bad guys I have to do something right away. Please see the link to PICs below.
Thanks...Dwayne

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - dwayne.aycock's Album: What kind of snails are these?

They are Malaysian trumpet snails. They can be considered pest snails but are actually really good for aerating the substrate and don't put much into the overall bioload of the tank

they are not bad but i dont really recognize the snail its either trumpet snails or rabbit snails neither are bad

It is Malaysian trumpets

They are fine to have because they will aerate the substrate, but can get out of control somewhat quickly if you overfeed.
I just sell my extras a couple times a month and my population stays in check that way

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom