What method of diffusion are you using?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gobluewolverines4

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, I have DIY Co2 and have a diffusor for a pressured system that doesn't seem to work for my DIY (doesn't create enough pressure). Are there any diffusors that work for DIY that are specifically designed to diffuse Co2? Right now I am using a small Cascade internal filter, but it isn't chopping the bubbles like it used to.

Any suggestions?

Hey guys, I have DIY Co2 and have a diffusor for a pressured system that doesn't seem to work for my DIY (doesn't create enough pressure). Are there any diffusors that work for DIY that are specifically designed to diffuse Co2? Right now I am using a small Cascade internal filter, but it isn't chopping the bubbles like it used to.

Any suggestions?

Depending on the size of the tank you could just use a cheapo ebay diffuser I used it on my 10 gallon planted with diy co2 and it worked fine.

Depending on the size of the tank you could just use a cheapo ebay diffuser I used it on my 10 gallon planted with diy co2 and it worked fine.

That's where I got mine actually, I just got the wrong kind. Could I just get a small one that doesn't require much pressure?

On peabodys paradise (web site) the have a nano one that I bet will work. I use a small power head I got for like ten bucks. I put a chunk of fine sponge on the intake and ran my c02 into the bottom of the sponge. It chops the bubbles so fine I can hardly see them.
The sponge slows the flow down quite a bit and works as an extra filter as well.

image-3665406349.jpg

i use a aquamedic reactor 1000 on my 55 gal tank, it works like a charm. the only issue is that the non-return valves are all broken, i guess the pressure is too high.

I am trying 2 different methods. One is through a cheap Topfin PH from Petsmart. It has the venture inlet directly into the impeller, so it chops the bubbles really fine. The other method is feeding the co2 tubing into the return on a canister filter. Both seem to work fairly well. If you try the canister return method, you might want to extend the return tube towards the bottom of the tank. That will help keep the co2 in the water column longer(y)

On peabodys paradise (web site) the have a nano one that I bet will work. I use a small power head I got for like ten bucks. I put a chunk of fine sponge on the intake and ran my c02 into the bottom of the sponge. It chops the bubbles so fine I can hardly see them.
The sponge slows the flow down quite a bit and works as an extra filter as well.

I love Peabody's Paradise, might check into buying that with my next shipment. This is a smaller tank though, and I can't find a power head small enough, even though I do have some ideas!

One of my ideas is to buy a wooden air stone and use that, and hopefully get small bubbles. I won't have as much air circulation so I may just buy a maxx jet power head and use that.

Petco also sells a zoomed powerhead that rotates so I may also look into that.

Back
Top Bottom