What should i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 29 gal long with 2 cories 2 ghost shrimp 2 platys 2 kuhli loaches a dwarf gourami and 2 bloodfins tetras. My tank isn't really pleasing me anymore. My platys refuse to come out ever since they're other buddy died. 2 of my bloodfins tetras died recently and the other 2 don't come out much. Same thing with pretty much all my fish except my cories and shrimp. I love them. I was thinking I could rearrange y tank. Maybe round out my schools? Or just start all over. Return all or most my fish and I was thinking maybe starting a cichlid tank? Does anyone have any input or advice? It's not as much fun watching my fish anymore :( I want something that can entertain me

Pckerfreak44 said:
I have a 29 gal long with 2 cories 2 ghost shrimp 2 platys 2 kuhli loaches a dwarf gourami and 2 bloodfins tetras. My tank isn't really pleasing me anymore. My platys refuse to come out ever since they're other buddy died. 2 of my bloodfins tetras died recently and the other 2 don't come out much. Same thing with pretty much all my fish except my cories and shrimp. I love them. I was thinking I could rearrange y tank. Maybe round out my schools? Or just start all over. Return all or most my fish and I was thinking maybe starting a cichlid tank? Does anyone have any input or advice? It's not as much fun watching my fish anymore :( I want something that can entertain me

I think cichlids are are big no in that size tank. For cichlids I would do a pair of german blue rams. By the sounds of things though your parameters don't seem to be that great, judging by the deaths. I would test or get your water tested. Them for stocking do this:
'pair of rams
6 Cories
4 ghost shrimp
3 platies
3 khuli loaches
Dwarf gourami
6 bloodfins tetra

I tested the water and it was fine. I still made a small water change too. The last bloodfins body was kinda mangled I was wondering if the ghost shrimps ate the corpse a bit or maybe something attacked it?

For entertaining, I suggest this: ~~living aquarium lamp~~

OK, I kid. Rams are pretty fun to watch. Another cool option is some sort of danios. They are very active, and I find them entertaining. If you get more bloodfins, they may come out more. :) Or, you can go with a different school if you like. There are lots of thing to choose from. I really do think a ram or apisto pair would be fun to watch though.

Haha your funny. But I was thinking maybe 2 rams if they're at my lfs. And a pretty descent sized school of neons cuz I loooove neons haha. Maybe 6? Then my bottom feeders

That would work. In a 29g, you could do a few more neons. I would look at pearl danios for the top, or else threadfin rainbows who will swim above the neons. Neons tend to stay pretty low in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom