What the heck is this???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattP725

Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't have a pic but here is the deal. My aquarium has been running since aug and I have had LR since prob mid sept. I recieved a few minute crabs that died some time ago. Well the other day I notice something that looks kinda like a dark pearl or something of that nature... in a crevice on teh top of the LR. I thought it may be an airbubble but when it was still there today I poked it with a plastic rod and it was HARD! It moved a bit but came back to it's original spot like it was glued on or something. What could this be? It is dark and shiny almost like a greyish pearl. I don't have any inverts left in teh tank btw besides some feather dusters. I have a yellow tang, niger trigger, and false perc.

Sounds like bubble algae. A nuisance algae but harmless. Just don't pop it or it will spread.

Well, alot of people try and remove them. You could do that. Remove the rock and try carefully twisting it off. Or, you could just let it go. Just like most algaes, when it's nutrient source dies off, so will it. That's how I got rid of mine. HTH

Because of stupidity I poped mine and then i had the mess. I scraped as many of the LR as I coud without poping it and left the remaining ones alone. Now they are gonne. Why? I don't know.

Hope someone will solve the mystery

Back
Top Bottom