What to do with Destructive Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonFish71

Great white snark
Our crayfish. They have completely destroyed our planted 120 (ughhhhhhhhhh) I've fed them algae wafers, spinach and zucchini, which they loved, but they love the plants more. Now all the jungle val is an inch long, all the dwarf sag is gone and they are turning their attention to the anubias. They treated the java fern like a salad bar.

I was thinking CL or my lfs. Any other thoughts?

*Looks at the big pot and the can of Old Bay seasoning* (kidding)

*Looks at the big pot and the can of Old Bay seasoning* (kidding)

Idont know, i would consider it. lol. not jk.

But on another note if you dont want to do that you could try CL or the lfs. Depending on how many you have you could throw them in a couple of spare 10g in the meen time. If igured this would happen. The way crayfish are, they willl ulter there territorry as they please. And they have to move or eat everything first before they are happy.

EDIT: know anyone with pufferfish?

We just have the 2 and they are about 3 inches long. The only spare tank I have is a 5.5 divided. I'm pretty sure they would be PO'ed at that. *lol*

I don't know anyone with puffers.

Well it looks like your only options are the pot, lfs, or CL.

I had a crayfish once. I also had some dwarf hairgrass that was finally starting to take hold in my tank. Well the crayfish didnt exactly eat the grass but he did do his best impression of a lawnmower clipping each 'blade' of grass one by one lol. I'd find the blades floating at the top.

I promptly took him back and the lady at the store thought he was dead. She got real close to the bag to get a better look and he jumped scaring the crap outta her lol.

I had a crayfish once. I also had some dwarf hairgrass that was finally starting to take hold in my tank. Well the crayfish didnt exactly eat the grass but he did do his best impression of a lawnmower clipping each 'blade' of grass one by one lol. I'd find the blades floating at the top.

I promptly took him back and the lady at the store thought he was dead. She got real close to the bag to get a better look and he jumped scaring the crap outta her lol.

Ha! Yeah, these 2 have done that impression quite well. We're always finding floating leaves.

Back
Top Bottom