What to do with my 29gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leader of Men

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I lost all of my fish in my 29gal and have now resolved that problem. Everything was fine except the temp. It got up over 100*.

So after I get a new heater in there what are my options? It's freshwater and the plants are still ok so I'd like t keep it that way. I may consider cichlids, though.

What kind of options do I have for a 29gal as far as cichlids go? If not cichlids, I'm not sure what to do. Maybe guppies, mollies, and some neon tetras and then a couple slightly larger fish like gouramis or even angels.

That would provide a lot of activity, color, and excitement. Right?

I may add some more plants, too. We'll see what I actually add as far as that goes. Especially depending on if I get cichlids.

Thoughts much appreciated!!

you could get a few pair of them. I kept 2 pair. They get a little territorial when they're laying eggs though. Rams are dwarf cichlids.

A pair or two of rams or a trio of Apistos would work nicely with a school of something and maybe some Cories. :)

Otherwise, a 29g would make a nice Tanganyikan tank, but I wouldn't keep the plants in there.

Back
Top Bottom