What To Feed Featherfin Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodcatl493

Aquarium Advice Activist
Don't worry, I have done my fair share of research. I know that the staple of their diet are sinking catfish wafers and algae wafers, and you can give them frozen bloodworms, but how often do you feed them each item?

Okay. Anyone else? I still have a bunch of time to decide on which catfish I want...

I have Cory cats, synodontis cat, plecos: gold nugget, royal and bristle nose. All they eat are scraps of food that hit the bottom. Of course the Plecos also eat algae and chew driftwood.
Most are several years old. The Synodontis is 13 y.o. They are all healthy.
I feed omega one flakes and various cichlid pellets.
If you plan to keep your catfish in a community tank it wouldn't hurt to drop in an algae wafer or a couple of shrimp pellets once or twice a week. Shrimp pellets can foul a tank up quick so got to be careful there.
Hope this helps.

Yeah it does. Thanks all. How often should I feed them their staple food (i.e. catfish pellets)?

Reason I'm asking is some places it says every other day and most of the time it doesn't say anything at all.

They should be fed everyday , when I think about it mine love cantalpoe and potatoes

Okay thanks. I've heard a little bit of cucumber is also an enjoyable treat for them.

Back
Top Bottom