what to feed polyps and mushroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Light and that's it there should be enough nutrient in water column without adding these products. To much feeding could lead to algae outbreak. Decent lighting will keep them happy.

I feed my corals when I feed my fish and inverts and its pretty much the same. Mysis, brine, etc etc. I do use reef nutrition phyto once a week. Other then that nothing special other then 2 part dosing.

Don't let all the hype of all these products get to you. Most of it isn't needed. I learned the hard way but IMO a lot of what they sell us useless and just causes water quality issues.

Again this is just my opinion and based solely on my own experience with certain products.

Daniel Fishy said:
Light and that's it there should be enough nutrient in water column without adding these products. To much feeding could lead to algae outbreak. Decent lighting will keep them happy.

Got ya thank you very much

Convict2161 said:
I feed my corals when I feed my fish and inverts and its pretty much the same. Mysis, brine, etc etc. I do use reef nutrition phyto once a week. Other then that nothing special other then 2 part dosing.

Don't let all the hype of all these products get to you. Most of it isn't needed. I learned the hard way but IMO a lot of what they sell us useless and just causes water quality issues.

Again this is just my opinion and based solely on my own experience with certain products.

So i can feed my musgrooms and polyps solid food? Lol

+1 on the no need to feed. my zoa polyps & Duncan grab food as it goes by which is entertaining but no need to spot feed. I feed frozen mysis. mushrooms seem to get what they need from lighting

Back
Top Bottom