What to feed praecox rainbows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Around a month later a couple of Odessa barbs shouldn't be an issue right? Also, since my rainbow shark is probably the worst candidate for cleaning the bottom of my tank, should I add a catfish?

Weren't you going with loaches?

In a tank of your size you can provide nice sized schools for the fish. I wouldn't keep less than 10 of anything.

I paid no less than 15 dollars and as much as 25 for my Angelicus loaches.

I never recommend getting a fish specifically to clean the tank. Get one if you like them, not because you feel you have to have it. Cleaner fish/snails/shrimp just mask problems after all ;)

ehm, that was the other dude.
yeah, i like the look of a catfish, and was wondering if something like a raphael or a SAE, or something like that would work even though i have my rainbow shark
for some reason ive never been into snails, and what cleaner fish?
also if i did, what kind of loaches would work?

ehm, that was the other dude.
yeah, i like the look of a catfish, and was wondering if something like a raphael or a SAE, or something like that would work even though i have my rainbow shark
for some reason ive never been into snails, and what cleaner fish?
also if i did, what kind of loaches would work?

Loaches are pretty terrible at respecting other fishes territories unless reminded constantly, so depending on your sharks personality they may irritate it. Mine thankfully is relatively laid back and has determined that the loaches are just annoyances, not actual threats, but I also have dwarf chain loaches, not full sized ones. My shark has more issues with similar sized fish than smaller ones, so I would suspect standard size loaches may cause issues. Stick to dwarf chain loaches if you do loaches for the best chance at success.

I've found the Angelicus to be particularly bad about respecting personal space. Hahaha it's one of their endearing qualities :)

Anyway I might buy one, I like the design, put a few Micro fish in like ember tetra's etc.

Back
Top Bottom