What to put in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrbill

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey folks, after dismantling my saltwater tank for a move I'm getting ready to start it up again as a cichlid tank. It's a 46 gallon bowfront. I'm planning on black substrate (if I can find it), rocks, driftwood and fake plants.

I have my heart set on at least one Jack Dempsey. Other than that I'm open to suggestions. Perhaps a Convict? Some Tiger Barbs? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Convicts are awsome, but you might want to get a few JD's or the cons will have a very full belly.

Thanks. By the way, I'd love to have loads of fish in there but I also don't want to overstock or create any breeding pairs that will kill everything. :)

hmmm the lady in the LFS I started out with told me that you could go from freshwater to saltwater later with the same tank/equipment but not from saltwater to freshwater with the same . Dunno why or if it's true but something to check into.

She's crazy, I have a 120 gallon setup that had been a Saltwater tank for year. I even used the same bioballs in the sump, just washed them off and filled it up.

How about a female JD, one convict, and one firemouth. You could add some dither fish as well.

Here's my female JD:

img_837308_0_f05a06d48ed035effb73d5f8b3df6162.jpg

Back
Top Bottom