What to put with tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think I want to get green tiger barbs for my 29gal and I know they are fin nippers so what else can I put with them?
I've looked at profiles and I know what NOT to put them with, just not a clue what would work with em

Thanks in advance!

Here's a list of fish gathered from profiles from other sites. I have experience with almost none of these fish and no experience with tiger barbs but here it is:

Red Devil

Flier cichlid

Jack Dempsey

Spiney cichlid

Dwarf Puffer

Salvinis Cichlid

Amazon Puffer

Siamese Algae Eater

Black Convict Cichlid

T-Bar Cichlid

Freshwater Barracuda

Blue danio

Redtail Shark

Bucktooth Tetra

Eastern Mosquitofish

Elephantnose

Blue Jewel

Blood Red Jewel

Rainbow Cichlid

Sultan Pleco

Paradise Fish

Lake Kutubu Rainbowfish

Fathead Minnow

Figure Eight Puffer

Arrowhead Puffer

Firemouth Cichlid

Blue Gourami

Hope this helps :D

As long as you have atleast six plus (6+) Tigers in the school they will generally be too busy amongst themselves to overly harass other tankmates.
But Tiger are nippers and it will happen, short or long fins regardless.

I'm currently keeping a small shoal (6) of Tiger Barbs with Blue Gouramis, Java Combtails, Ceylon Combtails and different types of loaches. No problems at all.

-Joe

I haven't had any problems whatsoever with fin nipping in my 58 gal (see my sig).

As long as you have at least six tiger barbs, they will be too busy chasing and bossing each other around. Most danios, barbs, tetras, and rasboras should be fine with a large group of tiger barbs.

red devils get big and could eat the tiger barbs

and exodons(buck tooth tetra) are fin eaters and they grow about 6 inches and they could devour our barb piece by piece

Back
Top Bottom