what type if anemone is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydavis

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have been looking at this for the past week and finally bought it today she told me it was a type of anemone but didnt know anything else. she also said it just moves around.

it has an orange bottom on it. but i buried it in the sand because it was floating around and was getting caught on my filter.

can anyone tell me the name of this so i can do some research on it?

also i found a redish worm with looks like a bunch of legs that come out of one of my rocks any ideas? i also included a picture of it it is on top of the picture of the rock.

Attachments

• saltwater tank 168.jpg
    saltwater tank 168.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 71
  • saltwater tank 172.jpg
    saltwater tank 172.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 70
  • saltwater tank 175.jpg
    saltwater tank 175.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 77
  • saltwater tank 005.jpg
    saltwater tank 005.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 87
I'm no anemone expert, but perhaps it's a sebae?

The worm is a bristleworm. Good for your tank, just don't touch it as it'll hurt.

i done a google search and the best i seen was a condy i think it was

i am fixing to check out the sebae though

I agree with Danny that the worm will not attack the anenome. They are good janitors and will do fine in your tank. I have several in my tank.

Please return the anemone if you can. It's bleached and there's a good chance it will not survive. My suggestion is 1) unless you know that an anemone is fragged from another already in captivity, or split from one in captivity, don't buy it; 2) unless you know exactly what #1 needs in terms of light, and care, and your tank can provide for it, don't buy it; 3) unless the person selling it knows the answers to #2, don't buy it.

LTA's can get BIG, live well over a foot wide given proper conditions. They can live for 30+ years in the ocean. These creatures do not belong in captive tanks.

Cmor is correct.
I would actually guess a Condy if the base is a bright orange. You should unbury it though, I can't imagine thats good for the foot.
I would return it asap.

Back
Top Bottom