What type of seahorse is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got her yesterday from my lfs. Shes been swimming around a lot and eats pretty good. Just'd like to know in case I got another one. And how do you tell the differnece between kuda erectus and reidi?
And i payed 35$ for her too.

Attachments

• IMG_3368.jpg
    IMG_3368.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 164
I'm going to guess a reidi.

An erectus is usually has a thick body, while reidies are thinner, with longer a longer tail and nose.

wouldn't that be pretty cheap for a reidi thought?

You might want to remove that coral in the top right of the picture, I think its a frogspawn? Maybe octospawn? Anyways seahorses are very delicate and will get stung by any corals like that. The feather duster is fine but you will need to research all corals you have to make sure they don't have much of a sting.

$35 sounds normal if it's a small seahorse, how long is she?

What other tank mates can you have with a seahorse? I'm guess'n pipe fish but what else if anything? Or does it have to be a species only tank?

Species only is best but most gobys can be kept with them and most blennys as well. I currently have a firefish, flametail blenny, pipefish, clown goby, scooter blenny and sandsifting goby in with mine. They all get along fine.

Back
Top Bottom