What was your first fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GLOBAL1

Aquarium Advice Regular
My first fish was neon tetra and gupies, nice looking, Hardy and easy to care for, I actually still keep neon tetra as they are so easy to care for and I think they are beautiful, probably because my favorite color is blue but still, so, what was your first fish? And do you still keep some of that species?

Neons which all died and one platy I had forever. It was a 10 gallon tank from "Woolworths" five and dime store circa 1986

I currently have my first fish <3

I adopted him from one of my students - Mr. Sunshine is a common goldfish, about 6 years old - and now he's my world! He's mostly white, with a beautiful orange spot on his head a bit at his tail :)

I wonder how he'd do if I found him a big enough friend...
I've moved him from a 10 gallon with gravel and some large, worn-away sea shells, to a sandy, 55 gallon home with easy live plants for him to nibble :) He's also moved from floating fish flakes, to sinking pellets.

I'm actually about to intentionally get fish for the first time :) I'm thinking of sunburst platys!!

Tiger barbs. I love them. They are like some dogs. If you respect them and what they need they are great,

Feeder fish, haha cheap and lived for 3+ years and lived without a light haha only got window light. Had like 15 in a 10 gallon with 2 fiddler crabs. Yet impressively some grew beautiful tails.All lived, then i decided to put in tropical fish (very bad idea) and everything died. The End. Then last year I got a 30 gallon started off with all breeders (molly platty swordtail) and now have semi agressive 60 gallon tank with angels tiger barbs dwarf gourami and a bunch more.

That's awesome. That's why when I git a good thing going I don't touch it. If the tank is happy it's happy

I had 3 little goldfish in one of these!
original.jpg

2 died and the last one who lived had a black band across his eyes so I called him robber. When he died I cried and buried him in the back yard... That was probably 25-27 years ago lol.

Back
Top Bottom