what would be best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktomminello

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 2 oscars tht r still babies (3 inches) I'm cycling a 100 gallon for one and an 80g for the other- my niece just offered me her 500g wall tank (she doesn't rehab sharks anymore) and I have a large house... Which way should I go? Or should I just set up the 500g for pond fish (what I'm used 2)?

You can always give me the 500 lol , you have so many options that I dont even know where to start. Yes you can put each oscar in the 2 smaller tanks and then stock the 500 with pretty much any fish, one thing to consider is what it will take to heat a 500 gal tank. You might want to consider native or cold water fish for the 500. You could put the oscars and a few other south american fish and do a amazon type tank also if you want to heat it.

I know, my heart skipped a beat when I called her n asked her for 55g so my gouramis n danios could have more room.... I like the idea of a natural habitat- any one have any good links for cold water fish n habitats?

Im not sure about online links but im sure there is alot of info , native fish you can either catch, depending on where you live or go to a hatchery where they stock ponds, some LFS will sell Gar if you are into that. There are probably alot of cool coldwater fish you can get online , also koi and goldfish if you are into those.

I got started with goldfish n coy, I have indoor ponds, I'm new 2 tropical and aquariums. *slaps forehead* Time 2 get me n my son fishing licenses- I have a beautiful slow moving river with in walking distance of my house.

Back
Top Bottom