Whats growing in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ramseyawad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can any one tell me if I need to remove these?

Attachments

• image-30387714.jpg
    image-30387714.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 141
  • image-2277132373.jpg
    image-2277132373.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 126
The first pic actually looks like a tiny feather duster worm to me. Second one is definitely aiptasia.
The worm is a harmless filter feeder, but aiptasia are a pest anemone. Aiptasia reproduce quickly, and can reach plague proportions. They will sting anything they touch, including corals and other anemones. Best to get rid of that before it spreads. Though realistically, if you have one, you have five.

So if I treat with lemon juice and I inject directly in to the centre that should work right? Do I have to remove the livestock?

Just found loads of feather worms like 5 or 6
I squirted the lemon juice in to the other one how long does it take to work or do I need to repeat it?

Well, this is the tricky part. You need to get the lemon juice INTO the aiptasia. Best bet is use a needle and get really close to it. Like, so close it closes up and hides in the rock. Then stand there perfectly still. When it pops back out, squirt and jab in the same motion.
If you can get close enough without scaring it, even better. Saves time. Kalk paste is about the only thing you wouldn't need to get into it.

No, the feather dusters are harmless, potentially beneficial, and pretty. Just kill the aiptasia and enjoy the dusters.

No I want to keep the dusters they're piping up everywhere now, I squirted the lemon juice in to the asp, and it's no where RO be seen in a few hours , does that mean its dead or will I have to keep an eye on it?

Back
Top Bottom