Whats similar to denisonii barbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justfishin17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got 2 denisonii barbs in my tank and I absolutely love them! Are there any fish out there that are similar that would go well in my 45 gallon?

Why not more Denison Barbs? They're best in schools of 6 or more.

I thought about adding some more but I'd also like a bit of variety as well. Plus the denisonii barbs are quite pricey. ($30 at my lfs). I guess I'm just looking for options. I can't add any more fish quite yet cuz I'm still cycling so more denisonii barbs is not out of the question.

I thought about adding some more but I'd also like a bit of variety as well. Plus the denisonii barbs are quite pricey. ($30 at my lfs). I guess I'm just looking for options. I can't add any more fish quite yet cuz I'm still cycling so more denisonii barbs is not out of the question.

Ah gotcha. For some reason they're $10 or less at the stores near me but I can see why $30 each would discourage you from buying more.

Ah gotcha. For some reason they're $10 or less at the stores near me but I can see why $30 each would discourage you from buying more.

At $10 I'd buy a whole bunch lol. Our fish stores must be really proud of them haha!

$30+ seems to be the average price online as well. I couldn't tell you why they're so cheap here or why they're always available while most people have trouble finding them.

I've got 2 denisonii barbs in my tank and I absolutely love them! Are there any fish out there that are similar that would go well in my 45 gallon?

Look at rummynose tetras as complimentary fish to Denison Barbs... Not barbs and not as big, but certainly has some similar color traits.

At $10 I'd buy a whole bunch lol. Our fish stores must be really proud of them haha!

Petsmart has them in the $10 range, at least those that carry them. I've even gotten them from petsmart for just under $3.00. It wasn't a fluke, they had this sale at least twice a few months apart.

Oh wow! The rasboras and rummy noses are awesome! I'll definitely have to look into those sales on denisons cuz that's a sweet deal for sure!

Back
Top Bottom