Whats The Difference Between API Products

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Incogneto21

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know what's the difference between API Stress Coat + and API Stress Zyme?

I don't think that the stress zyme is a water conditioner since its used to help the biological filtration of aquariums

Stress Zyme is strictly a bottled bacteria additive. It is not a dechlorinator/water conditioner. Stress Coat is simply a basic water conditioner.

Stress Zyme is strictly a bottled bacteria additive. It is not a dechlorinator/water conditioner. Stress Coat is simply a basic water conditioner.

Is Stress Zyme good for beneficial bacteria?

I have thought it makes a difference with the canister filter which seems to show less muck at the base when I do use it (it is see through). I've been using it on and off for a year or so. I can't say it really does work though. We used to have a septic tank and get a bottle of stuff every year to tip in. In theory it should make no difference once established I guess but on a few times that we had plumbers out, they were happy with how clean the septic system was. Different system I guess so I'm not sure that applies.

Back
Top Bottom