Whats the dosage for epsom salt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright, thats what i've heard too, but i don't want to OD, so can anyone else verify this? Is for my african cichlid 55 gallon

Haha i gotcha, i just didnt want anything bad to happen if i put too much in lol

I've been researching this for a bit & it's amazing how many different answers there are. This is the first I've heard of 1 tbsp per 5gal. The most common dosage I've seen is 1 tbsp per 10 gal. But have seen as low as 1/4 tsp per 5 gal.

Also what exactly is it good for?? Opinions vary. I was looking into it for bloat but does it have other uses? I guess you also wouldn't want to use it if you already use aquarium salt right?

I've been researching this for a bit & it's amazing how many different answers there are. This is the first I've heard of 1 tbsp per 5gal. The most common dosage I've seen is 1 tbsp per 10 gal. But have seen as low as 1/4 tsp per 5 gal.

Also what exactly is it good for?? Opinions vary. I was looking into it for bloat but does it have other uses? I guess you also wouldn't want to use it if you already use aquarium salt right?

It can help the digestive track, bloat parasites. Aquarium salt and Epson salts are different. Epson on humans and other creatures as in this case fish works as a laxative. There is more to it if doing a treatment. Like letting it dissolve into food.

With rift lake cichlids it's not going to hurt them at the dose I gave. I use to try to match water conditions in my tank using the scale in the link I provided above.

I'm pretty sure I got that all right lol. If not Hukit will correct me :)

Back
Top Bottom