Whats the longest your snail didnt move before waking up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sobersteve323

Aquarium Advice Freak
It's been over a week for one of my horned nerites. Last week it was cruising on the sand and a fish came by to give it a nip and smashed it into the sand. I left it there to see if it would move and it didn't for a day so I unburied it and it's been like that since. I looked inside and I can still see a tiny bit of flesh crammed way back in the shell, but I'm not sure if it's alive and hiding or just part that didn't rot out yet. There's no bad decay smell either.

Have you tested your water? Anytime I have lost a snail I get a huge Ammonia spike. If its been a week tho I would think he was dead. Someone with more experience might know better tho.

Have you tested your water? Anytime I have lost a snail I get a huge Ammonia spike. If its been a week tho I would think he was dead. Someone with more experience might know better tho.

Yeah no spike. Then again he's a horned nerite about 1/8" in size in a 50 gallon moderately planted tank so not sure if much would have shown up.

Yeah I'm betting its dead just don't want to toss it if he's alive

I had one mystery snail which got saltwater concentrate on it (treating for ich) and after about 10 days, it started cruising around again, a couple others died. :(

It could be wounded and healing. ;)

Back
Top Bottom