Whats the Most attractive colourful peaceful?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IK what size tank a GBR needs. I was just saying it's the most colorful and peaceful freshwater fish that doesn't become a monster.
they can get a little rough... I wouldn't go as far to say monster, peaceful... Not so much either..

With a tank that small, I would go with a single male dwarf gourami (although they can be kind of pugnacious!), then add a school of harlequin rasbora or neons or other small, colorful, schooling fish.

GBRs are also fairly delicate and are pretty hard to get from good stock. Regardless of tank size, they have a very poor survival rate past 6 months in the hands of someone fairly new to the fish keeping world.

Who's to say he's new?

A 70 liter hex must be a bit smaller than a 20 gallon hex (I think it converts to 18 gallons) so the footprint is probably only about 16" x 16," maybe 18" x 18" or so. Pretty small for anything very large. What is the footprint of the tank?

A Honey Gourami is a better Choice. DG in my area are prone to disease.

2nd Harlequin Rasbora. Mine were super hardy.

Or Cherry Barbs. My males glowed when they were happy.
The females are a lovely bronze w red fins. Do not buy all males.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399111826.024677.jpg

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a tank that small, I would go with a single male dwarf gourami (although they can be kind of pugnacious!), then add a school of harlequin rasbora or neons or other small, colorful, schooling fish.

+1 that's exactly what my suggestion was going to be.

How about a betta along with a school of cardinal tetras? Colorful and active combination. You can't get much showier than bettas.

Thank you for all your help il post a picture of my tank after i get my new choice of fish sometime this week :)

Green Neon Tetras here. Harder to find but stay smaller than the other Neons. About 1/3rd less size. Even though it says green, to me they are very blue.

They are the blue streaks, the Celestial Pearl Danios are on the right.

Any nano fish is good for a tank like that. The other I really like are Axlerodi Sundanios Blue neon second pic...
60074-albums13090-picture64812.jpg

This is a poor quality pic nad they are more vivid in person that this pic.
60074-albums9764-picture59827.jpg

Good luck in finding the right fish this week.

Back
Top Bottom