Whats The quietest external pond pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phishfriend

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK, so a few weeks back I made a DIY canister. The pump I was planning to use didn't work out. I'v been looking at external pond pumps online but the only real info on them is their GPH. This pump is going to be in our living room so the quieter the better. I dont want to spend 50+ bucks on a pump that sounds like a train. Help!

I have a quite one 1200 pond pump that I use to do water changes (drain is 5 feet off the floor) and I find it to be fairly quite most of the time don't even realize it's on have to double check the switch constantly.
For a DIY canister you may want something bigger then the 1200 model I have it works but the flow is a bit slow at anything over 6' head height.

Evilgrin said:
I have a quite one 1200 pond pump that I use to do water changes (drain is 5 feet off the floor) and I find it to be fairly quite most of the time don't even realize it's on have to double check the switch constantly.
For a DIY canister you may want something bigger then the 1200 model I have it works but the flow is a bit slow at anything over 6' head height.

I would be ok the tank rim sites at 37". I forgot to mention I need it to have pipe to hose connections on the both intake and discharge.

I don't see the 1200 model. What's the gph?

Back
Top Bottom