What's up with quarantine tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BANGAR

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got a 5 gal I'm not going to be using, what's the largest size and number of fish I can keep in their for 2-3 weeks if I were doing a quarantine tank.

Any and all tips on QT tanks and fish info on QT would be very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've got a 5 gal I'm not going to be using, what's the largest size and number of fish I can keep in their for 2-3 weeks if I were doing a quarantine tank.

Any and all tips on QT tanks and fish info on QT would be very helpful!

This all depends on the size and type of fish.

Good looks rambandit!!!! Thanks a bunch man! I look forward to purchasing some of those rams I read rave reviews about in the future! Where do you ship from??

You dont really have to Q unless you got a lot of fish or alot of tanks like a breeder or if your fish are wild caught or super valuable.

Good looks rambandit!!!! Thanks a bunch man! I look forward to purchasing some of those rams I read rave reviews about in the future! Where do you ship from??

Shipping from Saratoga , New York!(y)

You dont really have to Q unless you got a lot of fish or alot of tanks like a breeder or if your fish are wild caught or super valuable.

^Really^?
I have a hard time even understanding how you feel this could be true?:blink:

Shipping from Saratoga , New York!(y)

No way! My parents are going up there this weekend for the big race! Is it the travers?
Anyways I'll have my tank set up hopefully beginning of September I'll hit you up once it's fully cycled! Shipping only to Poughkeepsie NY... So close!

Coral I deal with guppies...lol their $2 each I can see a Q tank for a breeder but not for the average fun hobbyist unless it's something expensive type fishes

Coral I deal with guppies...lol their $2 each I can see a Q tank for a breeder but not for the average fun hobbyist unless it's something expensive type fishes

QT are for just that with hobbyists too. We all usually put a ton of time, work and money into our tanks to let a new addition potentially be carrying something that will cause some sort of outbreak/damage.

Yeah I think I'm gonna stick with the methylene blue quarantine for the first few weeks that I get my fish... Unfortunately, the largest QT tank I could have ATM is 5 gallons... Maybe I'll pick up a ten gallon

Back
Top Bottom