What's wrong with my Cory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover13

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is he blind? (Sorry the outside of my glass is dirty) He is active and eating fine. You can see the other one in the background. I got then today. The person I got them from kept them with Cichlids that's why some fin is missing.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130721_235348.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130721_235348.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 54
Here's another pic.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130721_235602.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130721_235602.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 55
I can't tell if his eye is missing or cloudy. From the pics, I wonder if it could be fin rot. I'm no expert, though. I hope you get more confirmation soon. I will say if it looks like more of his fin is wearing away with each day, I would start doing large daily wcs or look into qt tank if that's an option. I also see it recommended to add aquarium salt as part of treatment, but again, wait for an expert because I don't know if that's safe with these guys because I've never had them

I can't tell if his eye is missing or cloudy. From the pics, I wonder if it could be fin rot. I'm no expert, though. I hope you get more confirmation soon. I will say if it looks like more of his fin is wearing away with each day, I would start doing large daily wcs or look into qt tank if that's an option. I also see it recommended to add aquarium salt as part of treatment, but again, wait for an expert because I don't know if that's safe with these guys because I've never had them

When I went to get them they were in a Cichlid tank and fins were getting nipped at.

It could be from nipping, I don't see any cloudiness/fuzziness. How long have you had them? I'd say if you've not seen a lot of progression it might not be disease. Either way, I hear large daily water changes good for injury/disease Good luck

It could be from nipping, I don't see any cloudiness/fuzziness. How long have you had them? I'd say if you've not seen a lot of progression it might not be disease. Either way, I hear large daily water changes good for injury/disease Good luck

I got him yesterday.

He's eating, that's a good sign. Maybe one of his old tank mates nipped his eye? Is it missing or cloudy? I hope someone else chimes in to help. You may want to post your water parameters, temp, what you use to treat water, current tankmates, if any... more they know the more they can help

He is in a 30 gallon log with
1 Male Betta (very peaceful never shows signs of aggression even when feeding)
3 White Cloud
3 Neon Tetras
3 Zebra Danios
3 Bronze Cory Cats (including him)

Back
Top Bottom