What's wrong with this platty??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave88

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421444174.015652.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421444185.210912.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421444196.180045.jpg

Please help.
What is wrong with my bumble bee platty? Apart from the obvious upside down lol.

She's been like this for 4 days now. Will sit/swim like this for about 10 minutes then right itself. Will hag around the heater for about an hour then go back to being upside down.

It eats a tiny but when I feed the rest but most of the time just does the upside down thing.
Also what's up with it's bum? I normally see this just before my Molly's/ plattys give birth.

My water parameters are fine with everything 0 and PH 7.1

I'm Guessing I'm fighting a losing battle with it but I've given it a couple of salt baths which seem to have perked her up abit but always goes back to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And I do apologise for the spelling. I really should read stuff back before I post... Stupid auto correct!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I think I jinxed it cos she died basically 3-4mins after I posted it ?.
No idea what caused it as all my other fish are fine.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You never know she may have had a funny shaped womb or problems in giving birth which caused the death. Just one of those things. If your other fish are well. I'd put it down to a fluke of nature

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom