What's YOUR favorite type of Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanTheGuppyMan

Aquarium Advice Addict
So from the thread I posted later this evening about whether I should get an Angelfish or Discus, all of you said Angel so that what I'm getting! Also I have a 60 gallon freshwater tropical tank kept at about 80 degrees all the time-is that a good temp for it? Also I heard Angelfish are cichlids...can they still stay with my Platies, swordtails, mollies, tetras, guppies and dwarf gourami? (I'm planning to sell the gourami). And what's the difference between tropical and cichlids? Sorry I'm not so educated on cichlids! Anyway back to my original question-what type of Angelfish should I get? And how many? In my 60 gallon I have about 30-40 fish in it-the types I explained above. I am planning on only getting one since they grow so largely, and if I get more I will over populate my tank...I am actually getting a new canister filter rated for up to 175 gallons and a UV sterilizer so I should be fine. So, which one do you prefer? I like the Altums, but I can't find any for sale. Also I enjoy the Golden ones too :)

Marbles are nice as well , platinums , I really want a couple blue angels , heck I love love all of them , beautiful fish with personalities, mine are so funny with their constant begging

xwesx1978 said:
Marbles are nice as well , platinums , I really want a couple blue angels , heck I love love all of them , beautiful fish with personalities, mine are so funny with their constant begging

I too love them all haha. I have a large gold angel, a mostly black marble, a wild type with the red eyes, and a tiny dime size one that I believe is another golden, waiting until his color fills out haha.

Attachments

• image-2058834267.jpg
    image-2058834267.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 99
Pretty fish , I had a breeding pair of platinum last year that were huge but some illness took them out , it was heart breaking

Gold Pearlscale angels -both are female siblings... they are 7 years old.

img_2184911_0_2e9ace5cf9e4ba75c0f05fcc768219fa.jpg

img_2184911_1_fef4dcab6f606cfd18ba3295d768985e.jpg

I like the Platinum Blue Veil angels. One the first picture the Platinum Blue veil is the one on the left, gold super veil middle, platinum light marble veil on right. Picture two is Platinum Blue veil on the right, facing off with a black and white marble, below is a Platinum marble. Picture three is Platinum Gold marble pearlscale veil. You can't tell in the picture but pearlscales actually sparkle in the light, notice how different its scales look, all rough.

As for a getting more than one, even if you ended up with a pair or two chances are you would never get any babies in a community tank. I keep 13 in a 220g. I'd do two angels in your tank. It doesn't mean your going to get a male and female.

Attachments

• Tank 16 super veil angel.jpg
    Tank 16 super veil angel.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 538
  • tank 23.jpg
    tank 23.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Tank 26 Platinum gold marble pearlscale angel.jpg
    Tank 26 Platinum gold marble pearlscale angel.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 281
Gold Pearlscale angels -both are female siblings... they are 7 years old.

img_2184937_0_2e9ace5cf9e4ba75c0f05fcc768219fa.jpg

img_2184937_1_fef4dcab6f606cfd18ba3295d768985e.jpg

I love pearlscale angels. I only have 2 out of my 13 and always wanted a Platinum blue pearlscale veil but never could find one.

I like the Platinum Blue Veil angels. One the first picture the Platinum Blue veil is the one on the left, gold super veil middle, platinum light marble veil on right. Picture two is Platinum Blue veil on the right, facing off with a black and white marble, below is a Platinum marble. Picture three is Platinum Gold marble pearlscale veil. You can't tell in the picture but pearlscales actually sparkle in the light, notice how different its scales look, all rough.

As for a getting more than one, even if you ended up with a pair or two chances are you would never get any babies in a community tank. I keep 13 in a 220g. I'd do two angels in your tank. It doesn't mean your going to get a male and female.

beautiful Angels you have. Wow a 220g tank... that must be an awesome site. (y)

Back
Top Bottom