When you take over your LFS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropical Aquarist

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Mwahaha lol!

My LFS used to have a great guy there who knew fish and excellent fish. Then they lost him(fired or quit) and the store went downhill fast. Fish in awful conditions, they had every disease in the book! A fish veterinarian would have the time of his life, lol.

So to no wonder they are closing the fish department (Main business is puppies) and having 30% off everything. So I went today to see if anything was worth risking, and ended up with free Anubis, and 2 mollies that looked somewhat healthy. I always catch my own fish(easier and you get the ones you want!), and a lady comes up to me and asks if I can advise her on some fish to lol! The employees were nowhere in site, so I took over. She wanted Midas cichlids for her community tank(55) and I convinced get to get not 3 but a whole school of Congo tetras. Even funnier is the employee asked me, "do you know what these fish are?" Next guy comes and wants to get a fish for his 3 gal. The employee turns to me and asks me what the best choice is! It was hilarious! So I ended up giving him all kinds of advice, AND gave both of them a link to the site!

It was so cool! I hope they join!

Anyone else have something like that?

All the LFS in my area are devoted to fish and related stuff exclusively. Sounds like a fun experience though.

Most of the stores here generally have someone that keeps fish working in the fish section. Can be quite a good chat, just depends what they keep.

I wish we had a more mom and pop type fish store near me. I absolutely hate these chain stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I must confess that our chain stores may not be that big. Usually only one dedicated staff member to around fish section.

I wish we had a more mom and pop type fish store near me. I absolutely hate these chain stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Normally, I would agree with you, but today my experience was the opposite. The LFS I visited acted almost as if it didn't want my business, while the local big-box store was very helpful and friendly. (Can't speak to the knowledgeable aspect, since I knew what I was there for.

Back
Top Bottom