Where in chicago is this sand stuff I am looking for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadManMac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just picked up a consulting gig in Chicago and since Dallas has no Yard right or southdown or new castle I want to pick some up in Chicago and bring it back. The airlines will love checking a 50 pound bag of sand don't you think? Any help on where in Chicago would be great, unfortunately I am smack dab downtown.

about 40 min south off 55 the home depot has it :) if ya travel light ya could put it in your suit case !! but if ya go over (think its 70 lbs per suit case ) its alot !! i was 4 lbs over mine when i brought live sand from florida and cost me $50 !!

I always take a single bag, so I thought I would take along an extra duffle and put a bag in it each time I go up so over the next couple months I could get quite a bit.

well if ya need anything let me know i live and work 10 min from there !! the last time i was there they had 1/2 pallet !! but if ya needed me to hold some for your future trips i be happy to !! :)

Back
Top Bottom