Where to get white sand?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YoungGuppy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay so I'm definitely not paying $22 for a 10lb bag at Petsmart when I would need two bags.

I went to Home Depot, Lowes, and a couple pool stores for white pool filter sand. No one carries the white. I desperately want white and don't want to have to settle for tan.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I live in the Portland, OR area.

Pool sand from Fleetfarm. Less than 10 Bucks for a huge bag that will last you forever.

Doesn't petsmart have 20 pounds for 22 right now? That's what my black sand is gonna cost me

Okay so I'm definitely not paying $22 for a 10lb bag at Petsmart when I would need two bags.

I went to Home Depot, Lowes, and a couple pool stores for white pool filter sand. No one carries the white. I desperately want white and don't want to have to settle for tan.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I live in the Portland, OR area.

Lowes and Home Depot sell white silca sand, it's usually by the concrete. That's where I got mine when I first started into the hobby.

Lowes and Home Depot sell white silca sand, it's usually by the concrete. That's where I got mine when I first started into the hobby.

I just said that I went to those places.

Thank you everybody I went to Petco.

I'm surprised they didn't have white, when I looked multiple place carried it. Hopefully you didn't pay an a ridiculous price for substrate.

I'm surprised they didn't have white, when I looked multiple place carried it. Hopefully you didn't pay an a ridiculous price for substrate.

My area just sucks for pools I guess. $18 for 20lbs. Still need at least another bag. ):

Hmm almost everyone's Home Depots so far have all had it... 2.50 for a 50 pound bag. Call them and ask if they have it in stock. And price & pounds just to be safe. Mine has it. A lot of people have it in their HD too

Hmm almost everyone's Home Depots so far have all had it... 2.50 for a 50 pound bag. Call them and ask if they have it in stock. And price & pounds just to be safe. Mine has it. A lot of people have it in their HD too

Looked online and none have it stock near me.
I did email Home Depot and asked how/if I can order it.

I used play sand. It was like 4.99 for 50lbs

Attachments

• image-911535387.jpg
    image-911535387.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 85
I suggest you call them instead of email. Each Home Depot has different stock.

Back
Top Bottom