Which fish for my already stocked 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobzond

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I need the pros help here. We have a 29 gallon tank with an eheim 2213 filter. My son wants another cichlid however he is not sold on the Bolivian ram which I feel would be great.

What other cichlids could we try in this tank!!

Current stock, 1 krib, 1 dwarf gourami, 2 platies, 5 rasboras het, 7 neons 1 Bn pelco

1 1

Well rams are awesome to keep in a community tank, because they are peaceful, and beautiful. Another option is an angle fish which is a type of cichlid. Other than that most cichlids would be to aggressive for your current tank.

I have heard of angels getting big and then eating neons though...

What about a German blue ram?

Yeah angles do get big but I have never herd of then eating tetras. The german blue ram would be great and they don't get very big.

When angels get large i beleive they wil eat any fish that fits in their mouth if they can catch it.

Thanks for the info however I think angle might get to tall.

My son is in love with the smAll demasoni cichlid. I know they get agressive when breeding but don't seam to get too large. Could we try one of these or is it out of the question? I am not worried about water quality as much as size and peacefulness of the tank

What about a firemouth or keyhole??

Thank you so much.

bobzond said:
Thanks for the info however I think angle might get to tall.

My son is in love with the smAll demasoni cichlid. I know they get agressive when breeding but don't seam to get too large. Could we try one of these or is it out of the question? I am not worried about water quality as much as size and peacefulness of the tank

What about a firemouth or keyhole??

Thank you so much.

None of what you mentioned will work with the current stock and/tank size. You could always add more kribs but during breeding times it may not go over to well with the rest.

Germ blue it is. Thanks for the advice.

Next thinking about adding plants.

Back
Top Bottom