Which fish is making this mess?!??!??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mashpotatoes74402

Aquarium Advice Freak
1 Oscar 2" ----1 pleco 2"----3 silver dollars 2" 3 ivory snails. 3 blue snails. And 1 lil crab

I have to clean the poo out every few days.
Maybe this is normal but it seem excessive.
I don't wanna any crazy ammonia spikes so I try to feed lightly and clean regularly. But. EVERY morning there's pile of fish poo strings. I think it's the pleco, or Oscar. I know those have a large bio load and te Oscar is a messy dude.... Any help or advice please?!??

Well with your current stock you will need a massive tank in less then a year. Those fish all produce large bioloads, how big is your tank now? You should have great filtration!

I have a 75 gallon tank with two magnum 350 filters and I'm currently working on a sump tank.

Mashpotatoes74402 said:
I have a 75 gallon tank with two magnum 350 filters and I'm currently working on a sump tank.

It's the Pleco no doubt I gave mines away to a friend who really wanted it because it was just making way too much of a mess

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Well with your current stock you will need a massive tank in less then a year. Those fish all produce large bioloads, how big is your tank now? You should have great filtration!

Nu nu you think even with the two canister filters the system will be overwhelmed in less than a year????

I'd say Pleco as well. I had a 2" BN Pleco, and he was an absolute poop machine..... I was having to vacuum the gravel at least once or twice a week.
Traded him in for a group of Otos and problem gone.

Not good for any tanks with Oscars...they only get to 2 inches max and they are extremely peaceful fish.

Sorry... Wasn't suggesting you get Otos with an Oscar.... VERY bad idea. They'd become rather quick hors d'oeuvres.

Was just illustrating the point of how nasty the Pleco was.

Okok. I googled em and figured tht out haha. Anything that stays around 2 inches is gunna be Oscar food.

Shark cats seem to be good with my Oscar and other cichlids.. They help clean the tank. I also have two crayfish that clean the bottom VERY well. I've had them three days and all is good aggression wise!!

Back
Top Bottom