Which fish should I re-home?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akagochi

Aquarium Advice Activist
It has become obvious that will need to re-home a fish or two from my 125 gal. I am definitely rehoming one of the two albinos. Should I consider any others? I wouldn't mind replacing a fish with another so suggestions of that sort would be appreciated as well. For example rehoming the Geo for a (blank)
FISH: 2 albino tigers 10 in and 11in. (Rehoming the 11 in.
Geo 6.5 in
Blood red parrot 3.5 in
Chocolate: 6.5
Gold Severum: 6.5.
These are approximates.

I agree, but think you could get away with adding a firemouth, convict, or other smallish fish upon rehoming the bp, geo, and bigger O.

I'm hearing a running theme regarding rehoming the geo. yeah a pleco would be great. The BP is pretty small so I may keep him for now., but I've wanted a green terror or convict for a little while so the BP may go as well. I have a special attachment to the BP because he's so darn resilient. He's been through a lot (smallest fish in tank, and ive had to hospital tank him twice for various reasons) and keeps on swimming.

I'm hearing a running theme regarding rehoming the geo. yeah a pleco would be great. The BP is pretty small so I may keep him for now., but I've wanted a green terror or convict for a little while so the BP may go as well. I have a special attachment to the BP because he's so darn resilient. He's been through a lot (smallest fish in tank, and ive had to hospital tank him twice for various reasons) and keeps on swimming.

that's cool, you should keep him.. I have to say adding a green terror, imo, puts you back into being overstocked once full grown imo. I know it could work out for a while, but personally I buy fish to keep them, not trade them later.. just a thought

Ok fish folk, I returned the aggressive albino and the Geo today and got a green terror and a common Pleco. The green terror is about 4 in so still pretty small right now. So far so good, but I will revisit once size becomes an issue. The green terror looks amazing! I'll send pics when I can.

You took a nice trade in and made it worse. Common plecos get 18 inches+ and are a HUGE bioload. GT get 10" . You'd be stocked out at a Common Pleco, Oscar, and GT. Maybe the Severum too.

Ok fish folk, I returned the aggressive albino and the Geo today and got a green terror and a common Pleco. The green terror is about 4 in so still pretty small right now. So far so good, but I will revisit once size becomes an issue. The green terror looks amazing! I'll send pics when I can.

Lose the common plec. Really not worth itz get to big and have a huge bioload. Get a medium sized pleco if you want one. Royal, gold nugget, bn, etc...

I'll take that into consideration as the fish get bigger. The plec and GT are both quite small, but I will just enjoy them for now then rehome when they get too big.

Back
Top Bottom