Which of these canister filters are better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spray bars will provide lots of surface agitation, but nozzles make it easier to have calmer surface areas for some topdwellers and for dropping flake food on. I have had them both, and like the nozzles better. I can play with the direction, and make the tank currents be whatever I want. For my fancy goldie tank I wanted a diffuse, low level of current, so I put the spray bar verticle in the tank. Worked great.

Definitely buy online. as long as you are paying shipping, stock up on other things too!

Hey JC - your tank's water level is a little low! :eek: :) :D

Well, after a trip to Ohio today, I came out with a Rena Filstar xp2. I stopped at 5 pet stores in the Youngstown area and bought it at Petsmart. On thier website they wanted 79.99 for one, so I figured i'd pick it up at the store. In the store they wanted $139.99!! I talked to the manager about it and he said something to the effect that the FCC regulates them to be the same store, but the website gets their products from the companies themselves as to the stores buy their stuff elsewhere. I managed to complain enough (the drive, price differences, etc) that he gave it to me for their websites price.) I'm going to get my girlfriend a fluval next weekend. I also bought an aquaclear 300 there as well. They wanted $42.99 at the store and $23.99 on the website.. I managed to get it for the $23.99 :D I don't know why I think i need this much filtration other than my plecos are pooping machines. (they poop soo much i can put a new filter in my hob filter and a week later its struggling to get the water thru it). I have the aquaclear installed now with the setting at low as it will go for less water intake. I"m going to set up the filstar tomorrow, so i'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes as well as which I decide I like better the fluval or the filstar.
Thanks for all the advice guys.
-Stewie

Back
Top Bottom