which puffer is compatible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin_Toronto

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a standard 90g aquarium, estbalished, happy. Only have 2 small clown fish, 1 medium sail fin tang, and a sand sifting starfish that pretty much hides all day.

My claean up crew consists of 3 blood shrimp, 5 hermit crabs, 1 nassirus snail, and a bunch of unknown (turbo) snails that came with my LR.

I'd like to introduce a puffer in the next month... my favorites being the porcupine puffer, and long horned cow fish... which of these (or other puffers) would be compatible with my existing fish? My main concern is with the blood shrimp, I don't know if they'd live together.

I agree, very yummy snacks for them and both fish get too large for your size tank. I would look into Canthigaster for a more appropriately sized animal, which would still eat your shrimp.

I personally like the 'toby' puffers. Again they would eat your inverts, but they dont get very big and are pretty colorful. Id get one if I wasnt so attached to my cleaner shrimp!

Back
Top Bottom