Which route would you go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zer0signal

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I need to get a 2nd light for my 36G Bowfront. Right now its has a Sate Plus Pro 24in on it.

My options are:

buy another 24in Sat Plus Pro ($170)
or
buy 2 Finnex 24/7 Planted for ($180) and attempt to sell my Sat Plus Pro

Which scenario would you go with?

IMO you will have great results with the 24/7 especially a dual fixture.

Caleb

Yeah I have 2 already over my 40G, but this Sat Plus Pro was my first, and is near and dear to my heart.. lol

I am leaning towards just selling this thing and getting 2 more... This is pretty much going to be the last of my fish budget until next year.

Why not keep the Sat+pro&add the 24/7? Whatcha goin for Zero?
Are looking at performance or aesthetics w/performance..the Sat+pro is a good fixture to build off of..
sit in silence...

How tall is that bad boy?? 24"?? What are your goals here?? 24 7 really won't push much par at that hieght..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not sure what your timeline is, but you may have to factor in the 24/7 back order (weeks? months?)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Why not keep the Sat+pro&add the 24/7? Whatcha goin for Zero?
Are looking at performance or aesthetics w/performance..the Sat+pro is a good fixture to build off of..
sit in silence...

How tall is that bad boy?? 24"?? What are your goals here?? 24 7 really won't push much par at that hieght..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, here's the thing the tank is 30 long 21 high, and a bow which makes it very oddly shaped (can make for some pretty shaded spots). The Sat PP only comes in 24 or 36 long, and at a price point starting at $170+. Basically I am just trying to get better coverage over the plants, otherwise w/o it there is lots of leaning and stretching to reach the light (depending on where its placed) which can shaded out the smaller plants.

In my setup from Rim to Sub is only ~16 - 17in, so with the values I have found PAR wise the 24/7 should hit around ~65-55 PAR.

depth/offset
1" 6"
12" - 75
16" - 65
18" - 48 45
20" - 45 40
Planted+ 24/7 Club: Knowledge Exchange & Photos!

Yes, I could go with the Sat PP AND the 24/7, but I think the size difference, and design difference my OCD wont be able to handle it.

Not sure what your timeline is, but you may have to factor in the 24/7 back order (weeks? months?)
Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I bought the 2 30in 24/7 today from Amazon, I saw they were instock yesterday. SO I have them coming, but I can always send them back if I don't use them.

Back
Top Bottom