Which tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
There's 2 tanks that I'm thinking of doing. Note sure which one. What do you guys think?
A) community reef with
Clownfish
Chromis
Pajama cardinals
And others(need ideas)
Or
B) predator FOWLR with
1 dwarf zebra lionfish
1 blue dot toby puffer
1 sixline wrasse

What do you guys think?

The real question is which one first. Do both. That is my hope anyway.

I'd do A. Hard to decide though lol! Have fun! Wish my parents would let me do that!

That is how my wife is, I don't think she wants a third tank in the house. I have a reef and she has a FW planted. I would look at your budget and see what your options are. For a predator tank you will need at least a 55 for the puffer, as for the reef you could do the same or a bit smaller. With either I would go as big as possible. The lighting for the reef can get pretty pricy but in my opinion I would go reef. The reason I went salt water in the first place was for shrimp and coral.

Is this your first SW tank and do you eventually plan to do both? If so, I would go FOWLR first (less expensive and less maintenance) and save for a nice reef setup. I would put the six line in the reef and get another, larger wrasse for the FOWLR.

Is this your first SW tank and do you eventually plan to do both? If so, I would go FOWLR first (less expensive and less maintenance) and save for a nice reef setup. I would put the six line in the reef and get another, larger wrasse for the FOWLR.

2nd saltwater and I'm only planning on doing one for quite awhile.

Back
Top Bottom