White patch on guppys back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moobs99

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys iv got a female guppy that has a white patch on its back and don't no what to do about it? These are the best photos I could get

Attachments

• image-412694321.jpg
    image-412694321.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 108
  • image-2119197488.jpg
    image-2119197488.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1185832118.jpg
    image-1185832118.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 77
  • image-2681524338.jpg
    image-2681524338.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 87
Your Guppy

Hello Moobs...

If the fish is active and eating well, then I wouldn't worry. Unless you have a degree in fish biology, then it's very difficult to know what, if anything, is wrong with your fish. I would tend to the job as "water keeper" and do a good job at it. That means doing large, frequent water changes, tending to the filtration system on a regular basis and don't feed your fish too much.

B

Hi thanks for the reply

Yes she's is acting normal and eating just fine and is not being picked on just noticed it tonight when I came home from work, I do 30% water change every 2 weeks, which as it happens is tomorrow, I do a clean out of the external filter every 4 weeks which is also tomorrow, just don't want her to die as she's my biggest guppy and also the one I can rely on for fry every 5ish weeks :)

Moob's Guppy

Hi thanks for the reply

Yes she's is acting normal and eating just fine and is not being picked on just noticed it tonight when I came home from work, I do 30% water change every 2 weeks, which as it happens is tomorrow, I do a clean out of the external filter every 4 weeks which is also tomorrow, just don't want her to die as she's my biggest guppy and also the one I can rely on for fry every 5ish weeks :)

Hello again...

Don't know the particulars of your tank, but a 30 percent water change every couple of weeks isn't enough to guarantee pure water conditions for your fish. I change out half the water in my Fancy Guppy tanks every week. The reason I do it is, by flushing a lot of pure treated tap water through the tank every week, there's no time for dissolved wastes to build up before the next large water change.

Your tank is an "unflushed" toilet, so even ten filters are simply taking in toxic water and replacing it with water that's a little less toxic.

Increase the volume of water you remove and replace and do it weekly. Your fish will appreciate it.

Just a thought.

B

Back
Top Bottom