White patches on weather loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImACoolguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello! Long time member here that's just been inactive a long time.

The routine:

Water parameters:
pH: 7.0
NH4: 0
NO2: 0
NO3: 20
Temp: 75

Stock:
4 golden weather loaches
1 ropefish (was in another tank, recently moved here a few weeks ago)
1 Sturisoma Barbatum (think of a fancy uncommon Whiptail catfish)

Tank size: 55g
Established a very long time lol. Probably almost a year.

Weekly water changes.

The Sturisoma is the only recent addition, and it has been healthy at the LFS at least 2 months.

*shame me* I didn't QT for that reason.... However, I'm gonna remove my loach and QT him.

***no other fish are displaying any symptoms currently***

I don't have any pictures as I noticed before I needed to leave for work :( I'll get some tonight if possible.

I've seen fungus before and I looks kinda like it. But I'm honestly not sure. It doesn't exactly look like the cotton you normally see.

Any ideas welcome :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ya know I called it "patches" but further inspection it looks more like spots. Not like raised I have spots, but like color change spots. There's no redness, active, are well today, it's just like those areas turned the color white.

I've read extensively on weather loaches and everything about them. But never about slight color changes through age.?

Age spots? Maybe a stretch there. Not sure what it could be. As long as they are active and healthy I would not worry too much about it.
I believe weather loaches are illegal in VA. Probably because they are highly adaptable to less than desirable conditions (stagnant) and have become established themselves.

Mother of grammar in my second comment lol...

But yeah it looks like just white spots as part of the coloration. I'm gonna retest water when I get home and check him again.

It does to me just look like colour spots. Something to keep an eye on in case it is a stress reaction pre-cursor to something but must admit I'm not seeing much.

I guess the question (which will probably be no help) is why now.

Back
Top Bottom