White Shards on the glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caissss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, just recently I have discovered white shard like objects which seem to be scattered around the inside of the glass of my 45gal marine FOWLR tank! I'm starting to become increasingly worried, even though my levels haven't been thrown off track but it is still unpleasant to the eye! I have been putting reef foundation ABC+ formula in to increase calcium and magnesium and ph from time to time and thought it may of been this but they are still spreading! :( Does anybody know what these are andhow I can combat them!

Hi guys, just recently I have discovered white shard like objects which seem to be scattered around the inside of the glass of my 45gal marine FOWLR tank! I'm starting to become increasingly worried, even though my levels haven't been thrown off track but it is still unpleasant to the eye! I have been putting reef foundation ABC+ formula in to increase calcium and magnesium and ph from time to time and thought it may of been this but they are still spreading! :( Does anybody know what these are andhow I can combat them!

A picture would probably help. Do they move? Also, there is no need to dose the reef foundation in a fowlr system. There really isn't even a need in a reef system unless it is sps dominated.

No they are static but seem to be spreading :( I was dosing it due to low calcium and low magnesium aswell as low PH so this powder raised all three of these levels! I am also planning on adding corals as soon as I have stocked up and placed my rock how I would like it! Not sure how well you can see them but they are on three panels of glass and look out of place, when I scraped them off before they were very hard and tough to scrape off!

Attachments

• GEDC0301.jpg
    GEDC0301.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 68
  • GEDC0302.jpg
    GEDC0302.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom