White Skirt Tetra's With Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glowstick

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, i am brand new to this site, so hooray for that :D

So, recently (about 2 month's ago) I purchased a 10 gallon aquarium and have kept 5 GloFish Tetra's in it, they all are happy and healthy, however, some seem to be getting a bit more aggressive over territory, so i figured i would pump up the size to a 20 gallon sometime in the near future, however. i was wondering if an angelfish would be safe with these 5 tetra's in a 20 gallon? i know it may be a bit small, but i would get around a quarter sized one for now, and get a bigger tank for it if it outgrows the tank. Thanks in advance! :fish2:

Angelfish grow too large for a 20. The ones in my 150 are almost the size of my palm, and they are very tall too. If you are going to stick with a 20, then why not stock with smaller fish such as neons and rummynoses.

A little advice for you. You should always go with the largest tank that you can afford instead of creeping up incrementally. Larger tanks are more stable and are easier to maintain. I started off 45 years ago with a 2.5 to 10 to 20 to 55 to 90 and 150.

Back
Top Bottom