White specks at top of tank ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The mysterious specs

Attachments

• image-2136968652.jpg
    image-2136968652.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image-2640232695.jpg
    image-2640232695.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 127
Mystery snails lay very larger obvious clutches of eggs. They don't look like that. Those look like they could be eggs from ramshorn or pondsnails. You could leave them and see if they hatch although being out of the water wont help that, unless you top off your tank to submerge some of them to see.

Are those white spots moving?

My new born red cherry shrimps often resides at those kinds of places. I can see little red spots moving around above the water line on the glass of my tank.

No there not moving . I saw a very tiny snail that must have hitched a ride on a plant I bought . Could it be the culprit?

My mystery snails have never laid eggs, but I hear they set them above the water line.

Yeah I've had mystery snails that laid eggs before. They like it moist but not wet so they're usually found just above the water line. You need to be really vigilant to check for egg sacs if you don't want babies. I thought I was until I found baby snails in my tank. Then I later discovered my snail had somehow climbed up into my filter and laid eggs in there :blink:

I found snail eggs on my hood a few times because there were moisture in those areas. Snails can go anywhere that is wet

Back
Top Bottom