white spot on clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thanew

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok, my true perc has two white spots on him... it doesn't look like ich.. atleast not imo... i mean hes had it for a few weeks, i thought it was maybe some dead skin or something...

it has some texture, its almost like two white bumps, it sticks out more than any of the ich ive seen...

is this anemonefish disease or something else, it seems perfectly fine, really happy, a lot of energy so I don't know if its even sick...

thanks,

thane

Can you get a photo? Its possible its just a few damaged scales from banging up aganst a rock.

a photo whould be nice yes, but my 2 O.clowns had somthing like that (looks like a grain of pure white sand or somthing?). First it was only on one of them, on its tail, and then on the other one, on the side of its body under the fin so i thought "aww crap!" 8O

but after a few days the 2nd fish to get it didn't have that spot anymore and the one on the tail of the first isn't nearly as big, so ya, doesn't seem to have ever bothered the fish.

I had something like that on one of my damsels...after a few weeks it was gone and no other fish was bothered by it...Id let it go for a few days and see what happens

well you see its been awhile... almost a few weeks... if damaged, and most likely dead, would a cleaner shrimp help it ?

Back
Top Bottom