White spots on my Black Molly.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warthog76za

Aquarium Advice Freak
Noticed it this morning, didnt see anything starting last night concerning the white spots. Other than that she swims normal, eats the same way as always but I dont like seeing my fishy in this state. Everyone else in the tank looks fit and healthy. Any advice how I could get those spots off her or does it only go away with treatment?

I am having tge same problem with my glowlights but everybody else is fine but I have to wait for my caulking to cure on my qt before I can transfer I am getting nervous if you figure something out let me know

rich311k said:
Does it look like grains of salt? If it is it is Ich and you will want to treat the tank for it.

Mine kinda looks fuzzy spots on their body and fins and their fins are in bad shape but every other fish in the tank is fine??? Weird right just the glowlights

Is yours the same warthog?

Mine kinda looks fuzzy spots on their body and fins and their fins are in bad shape but every other fish in the tank is fine??? Weird right just the glowlights

Is yours the same warthog?

That sounds like a fungal problem or a bacterial infection. You need to QT and treat the fish. Jungle makes a fungus med that should help.

My qt just finished curing from being caulked 4 days ago so I will do that tomorrow I have jungle and API fungus cure so I am good there

Sorry for highjacking your thread warthog my thread wasn't getting replys thanks

Noticed it this morning, didnt see anything starting last night concerning the white spots. Other than that she swims normal, eats the same way as always but I dont like seeing my fishy in this state. Everyone else in the tank looks fit and healthy. Any advice how I could get those spots off her or does it only go away with treatment?

This is my favorite write up on treating ich, lots of good information,

Understanding and Treating Ich or White Spot

Well I didnt get replies until today and did some checking up online as well. It was more like someone stuck cottonwool on the black molly you could see it was a sort of fungal thing. Treated the water with some meds I bought earlier the year, upped the temp also gradually in the tank...by the evening some of that stuff had come off and I did a PWC.

6 days on she looks very healthy and just want to add....I also witnessed something really strange on her way to recovery....she had some whit spots on her belly and she would swim towards the guppys move herself straight up in the water, allow the guppys to pick the stuff off her belly and then she'd swim off. I wish I had filmed it though:banghead: was an amazing sight seeing one fish help the other.

By the way....tank is back to normal again, everyone happy:dance:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom