White stuff in filter tubing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mathormeth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello guys,

Can you help me to identify these white things? I bought this aquarium one month ago. Algea or bacteria what is this? Should I clean them immediately?

Attachments

• 20170803_090018.jpg
    20170803_090018.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 103
In my 29 gallon I have had the same thing. Especially since it is still only 2 months old and is still getting established. I believe it it's just a type of algae or maybe diatoms. I had more diatoms than anything in my intake tube. I just use a pipe cleaner just like the one in the pic below to get all the gunk out to make sure it doesn't clog the impeller or the media. I hope this can help you out

7120f1c7d4f2ea2e0e108ae918890ebb.jpg

In my 29 gallon I have had the same thing. Especially since it is still only 2 months old and is still getting established. I believe it it's just a type of algae or maybe diatoms. I had more diatoms than anything in my intake tube. I just use a pipe cleaner just like the one in the pic below to get all the gunk out to make sure it doesn't clog the impeller or the media. I hope this can help you out

7120f1c7d4f2ea2e0e108ae918890ebb.jpg

Thank you for your suggestion , today I cleaned up my filter's tubes. I used this method this method. After cleaning I used sera nitrivec for getting bacteria. And I'm also thinking cover these tubes with aluminium foil to prevent them from light.

Back
Top Bottom