Who is this guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marco V

Aquarium Advice Freak
This dude is crawling around one of my rocks. He only has 3 " hands " and looks kinda like star fish . Should I be worried ?

Attachments

• image-1871165880.jpg
    image-1871165880.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 135
Looks like an astarina star fish to me. Generally harmless, but they multiply quickly.

Yep asterina starfish. Just a hitchhiker but they can multiply pretty fast.

They multiply real quick. I've got them all over. When my serpent start kicks the bucket I wana get one of thoes shrimp that eats starfish in hopes that it will control them

Harlequin shrimp! I've got probably 2000 small brittle stars and have been contemplating one of these myself. Great to have in there, but it's getting ridiculous!!

View attachment 94046

Last weekly sock change, like this every week!

Flreefer said:
Harlequin shrimp! I've got probably 2000 small brittle stars and have been contemplating one of these myself. Great to have in there, but it's getting ridiculous!!

Last weekly sock change, like this every week!

What is that? I have no saltwater experience at all, but dont some asterina stars like to munch on Zoas?

Austin.b said:
What is that? I have no saltwater experience at all, but dont some asterina stars like to munch on Zoas?

Brittle stars..and alot of them! Woah..

No not usually. They are in all reef tanks pretty much, and dont do any damage.

Back
Top Bottom