Who is your favorite band/singer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek015

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just a random topic but I thought it would be fun.

Mine is now Ben Jelen cause my sister plays his song "Come on" on the piano and I like that song now. My sister said that he writes all his own songs, writes the music and lyrics, and sings them. I looked it up and he does!!! not too many people know about him tho. So hopefully some of you decide to look him up on Google.

Hmmm...I have a lot of favorite bands and singers but my ALL time favorite band would have to be Weezer. IMO, their old albums are much better than the one they came out with this year.

Favorite band of all time ... Rage against the machine

Favorite singer ... hmmmm??? I'm gonna have to say Johnny Cash, I love his voice and the content of his songs! Very Moving. Second favorite has to be Jill Scott, if anyone knows her she does a lot of work with a Hip-Hop group out of Philly called The Roots, absolutely amazing!

METALLICA!!!!
GOSMACK
DISTURBED

those are my top 3... :D metallica is always number 1

Band = Story of the Year...lead singer = Gerard Way

I'm not big on favorits so i actually had to look this guy up, but if i had to pick right now, they're one of my favorits.

Hmmm

I have lots of favorite bands (ranging from punk to grunge to alternative to classic rock)

But one that always comes to mind = Incubus
Hotest lead singer? Brandon Boyd from Incubus
Amazing singer? Trent Rezner

Based on the number of CD's in my collection...
Favorite band = Pink Floyd
Favorite Singer = Bjork

Second favorite has to be Jill Scott, if anyone knows her she does a lot of work with a Hip-Hop group out of Philly called The Roots, absolutely amazing!
She is awesome. Heck of a writer.

Freddie Mercury (IMO best front man of a rock group ever

Gotta agree there too.

My favorite band - Elements of the universe: "Earth, Wind, and Fire" (its a 70's thing)
Favorite singer - toss up between Al Jarreau and Aaron Neville (old school choices), then India Arie (new school)

Hmm, favorite band. That's a hard one and I don't think I really have a true fav. So, I agree a solid choice would be Metallica.
Fav singer would be Dolores O'Riordan Burton with two very close seconds being Loreena McKennitt and Amy Lee

Impossible to pick favorites....there are just way too many!

But I have to agree Freddy Mercury was one of the best and I also bow down to Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler. Ozzy Osbourne also has an amazing and unforgettable voice.

Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens, Carole King, and Johnny Cash are old favorites.

Bruce Springstein, Billy Joel, John Cougar Melloncamp, & Elton John are
comfortable like an old pair of jeans.

Otis Redding is my favorite for cozy Sunday mornings. I love him!!!

Meatloaf's "Bat out of Hell" is probably one of my all time favorite beginning to end albums. And for long car rides the Violent Femmes provide the most fun sing a longs.

Coldplay, Dave Matthews, Cake, Sarah McLachlan, 3 doors down, Evanescence, and Matchbox Twenty are currently in the cd player and get alot of rotation in my house along with everything else under the sun!

Pretty much my husband and I love all types of music except I can't stand all his techno crap and he refuses to admit that any country music is good.

Too hard for me to pick just one favorite. Of them all, there are two bands that I will ALWAYS play/listen to over anything else available:
#1 Nirvana
#2 Metallica (especially the "Black Album")

Favorite Singer? This I don't know. I could name a lead-singer, but that's not fair to the rest of the group. I don't listen to country so those self-titled bands (i.e. they go by their name, but clearly have a band/group behind them) don't count to me. Against my beliefs, however, one person who can sing very well (OK, blow your socks off) both in a studio and live in person (no studio effects or enhancments) is:
Kelly Clarkson

(funny thing is, I don't even like her music. I have to give credit to an awesome voice though)

Progressive metal, which is hard to explain. As I have heard the band sometimes explain it, if you took Pink Floyd, Metallica, and Rush, and stuck them in the microwave until the whole thing blew up, that's kind of the idea.

...But how did you figure out who they are if you have never heard of them?

Googled "Pull Me Under" & "Images and Words" and all the hits pointed to a band called Dream Theater.

Such a toughie.

My favorite band of all time was Creed...but they had to go get all broken apart and stuff... :(

So, I'm currently hooked on Shinedown and Ra. Shinedown is an amazing rock group, and if you've ever heard their rendition of "Simple Man", you'd agree with me. They have all the makings of a current rock band, and just a touch of the classics that I love. Ra will soon rule the world. I don't think they've quite made it as mainstream as they deserve yet, but their music is rockin'.

My favorite singer of all time would have to be Scott Stapp. Maybe it's just his shoulder length hair and charming good looks, but dangit, he sings amazing! I encourage anyone who liked Creed to invest in his new CD (which comes out tommorow I do believe) and listen to his song "The Great Divide" and "Relearn Love". Amazing!

There are sooo many others, but those are good for now. :wink:

wow someone up north heard of shinedown!!! they are really getting big! I have met them twice here in central Florida where they started out.. awesome group of guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom