Who Is Your Most Abusive Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
While doing PWC or rearranging things in the tank my Tiger Barbs all rush over and start nipping on my arm and hand. It doesn't hurt, but the bigger ones have given me a few decent pinches! I tolerate the abuse, but I wish they'd understand the 'never bite the hand that feeds you" philosophy. :roll: :lol:

So who is your most abusive fish?

Either the Von Rio Death Squad Mafia or my betta, Stud Muffin. Followed by various members of the City Formerly Known As New Egyptia, mostly Frank Sinatra and his grifriend Lil' Kim (red jewel cichlids)

To other fish my Xystichromis phytophagus (Christmas Fulu or Hap). To my arms at feeding time, my discus!

I've been attacked only once and that was one of my Bolivian Rams during one of my pruning escapades. Hasn't repeated this action as I gave him such a whuppin' :)

My kribs give a pretty good nipping when they have a brood I'm trying to remove.

to my other fish...a Ryukin goldfish
He's a punk (must be a male right?)

To me, none. I hiss at them as they start to approach and that's the end of that. :) :)

My mollies, they ram into my hand and one even breached in the palm of my hand before, mollies are the vaccums in the fishworld. If I feed blood worms.... I get bitten- but of course it is just funny, it doesnt hurt :D :lol: :p :wink: :roll:

No question, it's my evil incarnate, spawn of Satan red jewel cichlid . He's a psychotic fish murderer and he beats me up every day for flakes and bloodworms. :twisted:

Jchillin said:
I've been attacked only once and that was one of my Bolivian Rams during one of my pruning escapades. Hasn't repeated this action as I gave him such a whuppin' :)

Bill, I'm shocked! You, a fish abuser? What is this world coming to? :)

Perhaps you can come to Queens and deal with my jewel. I'm too afraid to stand up to him. :oops:

The goldfish try to nip my hand, but it doesn't hurt at all. I won't stick my hand in by the pumpkinseed, I've seen him yawn with his mouth wide open. I know they have mouths made for crunching snails. Ain't no way I'm sticking my hand in there, but I told my roommate to do it to see if it hurts. She laughed at me.

QTOFFER said:
Jchillin said:

Bill, I'm shocked! You, a fish abuser? What is this world coming to? :)

Perhaps you can come to Queens and deal with my jewel. I'm too afraid to stand up to him. :oops:

Abuse? Never. We call it positive reinforcement. :wink: Now when it comes to Jewels however, I doubt any amount of whuppin's will help. You're on your own there. LOL

to me, my tiger barbs (mainly when I have bloodworms in my hand).

to other fish, my tiger barbs. They kill everything I try to put in the tank with them...

Maintanence in my occie tank is really fun I get a constant barrage of bites from all of them, they even attack the glass when I pull my hand out(probably a warning not to come back). I will probably get a "attack fish on duty" sign to put with them.

It's never bit me but.....

My 7" common pleco, if you have ever picked one up by hand to feel those spikey ribs, he's drawn blood before wiggling free!!!

A few weeks after first setting up my tank I decided to get some live plants. When putting them in my tigers were all over my arm nipping and pulling at my arm hair. Funny thing is that no longer happens (I guess they realize I'm not bite-sized). They just keep away from me when I'm pruning or rearranging something in th tank.

For the fish, my alpha male tiger barb. He is a terror to all inhabitants and even after some behavioral modification (isolation breeder net for a week) doesn't seem to have cooled down. Fortunately there are enough "targets" in the tank that no single one ever gets picked on for too long. I'm crossing my fingers with the addition of a dwarf gourami tonight at lights out.....

My tank that i have know is pretty calm,Used to have an old 8" tiger oscar and 2 red bellied piranah's,The oscar used to come at me every time i cleaned the tank,My 1 piranah used to jump out of the tank strait at me when i got close to it (no lid) :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom