Why do people not like goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven’t had experience wintering goldfish. But my koi wintered ok last year, if 3 months of -40 doesn’t kill them nothing will lol

Wow! I keep my kitchen ~60F. Rare for days here to approach zero.

I’ll have to show you my Sarasa goldfish. They look like koi & are called the poor person’s koi. I don’t get that because the little ones cost the same as small koi.:fish1::fish1::fish1::fish2::fish2::fish2:

I am unable to get a decent pic of my Sarasa. They are in constant motion, I’m not using a flash, & so many reflections from windows & skylights. Someday I will learn how to use my DSLR for fish instead of taking pics with this iPad

Attachments

• 99DDE935-2AE5-42BE-AEDB-5DCC4FC5A160.jpg
    99DDE935-2AE5-42BE-AEDB-5DCC4FC5A160.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 14
Oh yes those do look pretty similar to koi, maybe just a bit shorter in the body but same kind of cool coloring!

Yes! I love all my goldfish! Particularly awed by the sky blue of the Shubunkins & calico fantails). These guys sure have a lot of personality. Except when 8 of various breeds (fantail, Shubunkin, Sarasa) all decided to chase after 2 fantails. Wouldn’t it be odd if 8 of 10 fish were males??? I pulled the girls. The unheated tank was approaching 80F then. As it dropped to around 60F, I returned the girls & the boys have given up their amorous pursuits.

Back
Top Bottom