why or my clowns digging a hole.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdaniel2882

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, my mated pair of Ocellaris Clownfish seem to be digging a hole in my sand. they sort of lay on their sides and shake until the sand blows out of the hole. They take turns and have gotten down about 1 inch in my 2 inch sand bed. Are they building a nest. It would be cool if they would breed but I heard this is rare and I have no idea what to do if she lays eggs. I don't really care if they dig. It is in a safe, low flow place with no danger of rocks falling or knocking over corals.

Crazy Clowns! just when you think you have seen them do it all......

interesting OoO
do u have LR, they usually lay eggs on rocks, never heard clowns lay eggs in sand bed OoO
but its really cool that they take turns to dig XD

My single clown likes to excavate a little hole in "his" corner. He managed to kill off a bubble coral by his excavations one time. Sounds like a clown being a clown!

My yellow clarkii does that too..... he would bite onto a nearby live rock,and then does this jet propulsion thing that makes a hole in the sand bed. He does this at least 5 times a day. And when hes done he swims off to the other corner across the tank where his anemone has planted itself.

Back
Top Bottom