Wierd string things in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karahrs

Aquarium Advice Regular
There black like worms almost, i noticed on the tank walls and silk plants when i was cleaning. What are they? Should i be worried?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Doesnt look like movement at all, sorry its hard to see. The baby net i have also collected some too, they come off when algea scraping, my fish seem to be doing fine, everyones very active and colored good

Attachments

• 1422716853713.jpg
    1422716853713.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 99
  • 1422716892809.jpg
    1422716892809.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 102
From about noon till around 11 or midnight

I would also guess it to be hair algae. 11-12 hours of light a day can make it worse, fast. I would cut down your light to 8-9 hours a day. I had to do that, as I quickly had a LOT of very unattractive hair algae in one of my tanks. I used the bleach mixed in water method to get it off my anubias, but they haven't been the same since, and that was two years ago. So it's not worth it to let it get the upper hand.

Okay, thatnk you. Would it make a difference if i switched to moon light or straight blue at a certain time?

Okay, thatnk you. Would it make a difference if i switched to moon light or straight blue at a certain time?

Not enough for it to matter I would imagine.Some people do give a 1 hour siesta where they turn their lights off for an hour in the middle of their lighting cycle.

Okay, i have a marineland l.e.d light, for the past two nights i turn it to a color (blue, pink, green) a few hours before i got to bed, usually i start around 9, 930. So far so good ive noticed quite a bit of them have gone, thank you for they help will watch my cycles better

Back
Top Bottom